Are Marble Countertops Right For My Family? Marble Countertops are always such a hit and it is no wonder because of its natural elegance. However marble does come with its share of maintenance and cost. One enemy to marble is water. Water leaves marks so if you are a perfectionist, it might drive you bananas.
- Require coasters put under glasses
- Can’t have hot items placed on them
- Can scratch easily and need trivets or mats to prevent it
- Need to be resealed annually
- Can be scratched and corroded
- Are expensive
Maybe Quartz Is a Good Alternative For Your Family…
Basically, Quartz has the same look as marble without the high maintenance. The quartz comes in a variety of colors and shades with veining that looks natural. Quartz slabs are produced in a way that allows you to can get it exactly the color, texture and pattern that you desire. The slab is the same thickness as marble, and is shaped, cut and finished using the same stone–cutting equipment.
- Do not require sealing or other routine maintenance to maintain its beauty and functionality.
- Are durable and scratch resistant
- Have lifetime warranties
- Have a surface where bacteria can’t grow
- Are more affordable than marble
This all being said… Marble may still make the statement you want to make. Also knowing who will be using and cleaning the countertops will help you decide if you want quartz or marble countertops in your home.
Becraft Plus has a lot of experience installing marble and quartz countertops for our customers and we know which products work best in the certain environments!
Contact Us (301-929-3401) For a Free Consultation
About Becraft Plus
Since 1989, Becraft Plus has provided customized design and construction services to customers in the Washington, D.C. area. We specialize in custom home building, additions and remodeling, and whole house renovations with a focus on creating living spaces that are tailored to the needs of our clients.
>> Learn More