A finished basements is a great getaway location in your home and allows you to entertain friends and family when they come over for a visit. The following shows you the benefits to having a basement kitchenette and bar and why they are such a perfect improvement to any basement entertaining space…
Basement Kitchenette Benefits
The first step to installing a basement kitchen is to design the space. Proper fire exits, how to ventilate cooking fumes and the best route for connecting appliances, like a dishwasher, to the basement plumbing are all important when deciding on the layout for a basement kitchenette. Kitchenettes are perfect for homeowners who would like to have a designated location for parties, as it keeps your main kitchen clean and intact and people where you want them!
- Designated Entertainment Space – A basement kitchenette provides greater flexibility and freedom when entertaining.
- Home Value Improvement – As second kitchens gain popularity, having one in your home will add to its value.
- Fridge, Stove, & Oven – Allows you prepare and cook most things without having to leave the party.
- More Living Space – An expanded living space in your home.
Basement Bar Benefits
Size-wise basement bars can be as compact as a six-foot wall. They are the most common option. They are an entertainment hub that can house a fridge, bar, sink, microwave, cabinetry, seating and just use your imagination for even more.
- Designated Entertainment Space – Adds room for entertaining, folks are drawn to basement bars.
- Home Value Improvement – Adds value to your home, kind of bell and whistle that many modern home buyers are looking for.
- Wet Bar – Allows you to clean and prepare most things without have to leave the party.
- Additional Food Storage – It will free up your main fridge when entertaining by storing wine and bottled drinks and snacks.
Have a Plan Before You Start
When you choose to install a kitchenette or basement bar there are a few precautions to take. The first being ventilation, if there’s any room in a house that is prone to humidity, moisture problems and mold. Proper ventilation is the key to keeping odors and water damage at bay. Also be mindful of air ducts, plumbing and the height of cabinetry. If your lower level does not have plumbing you will have to figure out how to get water to and from the lower space and it can be challenging. Sometimes custom made cabinetry may be required because of the height of the ceiling. Most unfinished basements don’t have duct-work present for heating and cooling you may need to call an HVAC professional. A remodeling contractor can help you with all of these decisions and allow you to get the most out of your new basement entertainment area!
Creativity makes all the difference in remodeling your home! Becraft Plus has vast experience designing kitchens. Contractor experience makes all the difference.
Contact Us (301-929-3401) For a Free Consultation!
About Becraft Plus
Since 1989, Becraft Plus has provided customized design and construction services to customers in the Washington, D.C. area. We specialize in custom home building, additions and remodeling, and whole house renovations with a focus on creating living spaces that are tailored to the needs of our clients.
>> Learn More